• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's none so blind as those who will not listen - Brennen
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    It feels good to be recognized, not for his strange reputation in the new world, but for his history as a Brother. First Scorch and now Brynmor, and his sons and daughters, and these things breath life into the bay stallion. Even the Alliane which lights fire in his blood. He may have been a shadow of himself before, but today as Brynmor observes he is thriving. A state he never imagined to regain without his Tundra.

The graying man’s words cause him to thoughtfully consider their world. “Beqanna is strange, but it’s settling into a new normal. We lost everything except some common lands, as you probably have noticed, and the new lands are different. The politics are different, with everyone settling into a new normal. But the spirit of the people remains the same.” This is what Brennen is counting on - the spirit of his people, old and new. His Brothers.

“I’m living now in a place called Ischia. It’s about as different from the Tundra as one could get - tropical islands.” Has he mentioned the warm islands are growing on him? Because he’s starting to think he wouldn’t give them up even if the Far offered him his Tundra today; let Krone and her empty followers move there. The Brothers will take the islands. “It’s a nice place - but purposeless. And quiet. But I have begun to gather those who remind me of home, and what we lost, and we are going to take it for the Brotherhood, and usher in a new era alongside the remains of the Amazons who have settled in the seaside Kingdom of Nerine.”

And he smiles, the expression slowly spreading across his face and every ounce of his old passion and mischief in that expression. Then he tilts his head and the unspoken question is clear in the space that hangs between them: you interested?
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There's none so blind as those who will not listen - Brennen - by Brennen - 04-02-2018, 03:36 PM