• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Rapt
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    He doesn't notice the shift from sleep to wakefulness, but I do. When his body stays rounded and mine slim, my breath billows out of me. Relief. It worked.
    It... worked.

I stand with him, head lowered, lips pressed to skin that is damp with sweat. An uncanny sensation of displacement consumes me, my skin twitching, ears pinning against my lover's cries. This should have been me. I feel my loins contract uselessly, my body begging for its rightful pain - I built the child that now slides out of Rapt. I created his every fold.

And now? Now I am not even his mother.

There's tears in his eyes, and he's speaking to me with the reverence that only birth-mothers know -- and I can't help it. My expression sours. That should have been me.

(But oh, silly Kagerus, would you not have died?)

Maybe I should have. I broke the rules.
    (Well, there's still time for that darling. For now, look upon your son - if you can even call him that.)
    Go to hell.

"You have a son," I rasp in reply, smiling, though my brow creases in a tumultuous frown. A laugh cuts through my empty lungs, but I turn my eyes away from Rapt, not knowing how to proceed from here. My mind feels dissociated from my body - I float above myself, untethered, mad.

That's when I really see him - the foal.
    Gold and white, a perfect mix of us.
    My lips turn down, stomach squeezing. "He's beautiful." It's not a compliment.

"What would you call him, Rapt?"
    Because god knows I shouldn't be trusted to name something I so innately despise.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[rapt]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 03-17-2018, 10:25 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 03-18-2018, 02:03 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 03-30-2018, 04:09 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 04-01-2018, 04:45 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 04-02-2018, 06:48 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 04-02-2018, 08:23 PM