• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL

GALILEE

It took every ounce of self restraint she had to wait for his call from within her private cove; for although he gathered them as the morning sun rose, he'd been with her as dawn broke the darkness of night, telling her that today is the day, Galilee. They'd spent the time speaking softly and reassuringly to one another, turning over some ideas as to what would happen today; but ultimately, no amount of speculation could give them the sense of security that would come with having won the vote.

At last, as she paced around her lagoon, she heard her lover's voice rise through the crisp summer air. Whinnying low to herself, she woke Khaeli from her slumber and hurried to the spot. She arrived to the scene first, but did not position herself next to Brennen. Instead, she drew up alongside him and pressed her pink nose to the soft underside of his throat. "Not long now, love," she murmured with a humorous smile, remembering all the little ideas they'd shared that morning. Khaeli bumbled between her father's legs and looked up at him from between them with a big, goofy grin. "Will I have to call you King when you win the vote, papa?" But Galilee hushed the filly and ushered her away, moving to settle at one of the farthest corners of the clearing to await the arrival of others.

Klaudius came first, with a question that she smiled quietly at. Whether she could be a part of the ranks was of no concern to her; she wanted a kingdom that would keep her safe. She knew that her daughter Mosrael felt differently, and perhaps little Khaeli would feel differently when she came of age, too; but despite all their whispering, Galilee truly didn't know whether or not mares would be welcome in the brotherhood.

Krone offered up her piece. The two women had never met, but Galilee couldn't help but feel as though it hadn't been her responsibility to meet the leader of a kingdom; rather, the other way around. Reaching down to press her muzzle to Khaeli's frazzled baby mane as she nearly vibrated with excitement, Galilee caught the first vote: a colt she'd seen around, Trekori, proclaiming his support of Brennen. Well, if things were getting started already...

"I, too, vote for Brennen. Whether or not I can hold a position in the new kingdom is of no concern to me. I have a right to see the leadership I desire as a resident of Ischia, regardless of my sex." Her statement came quietly, but firmly. I will not have my vote revoked on account of my womanhood. Nostrils flaring, the only sign of the nerves she so greatly felt, the mare allowed herself to fade into the background once more, now understanding why her daughter felt the need to tremble.

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Galilee - 04-13-2018, 12:25 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM