• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL
    The winds of change were upon the land. She could sense it like the hot breath of a foe upon her back. It's teeth were bared and ready to take it's first chunk of flesh.

And she would have no part in the charade. 

Though her father stood before them as the new leader, she saw no benefit to her remaining there. No, she could not support a man whose very values were as changing as the seasons. Autumn was upon them and, soon, the land would be filled with a lust and a need to spread seed wherever possible. Astarael was of age now and, she knew, she did not desire to be a part of the new brotherhood her father was molding. 

Her half-siblings did not hesitate to step forward in support of the bay's claim. Their voices rose above any of the others and she considered them with growing disdain. Family had remained a confusing concept to her. How could she fully understand it when she only knew half the picture. With only a father to guide her, there had always been a part of her that'd remained empty. And it was that part that she had to search for. 

Backing into the shadows she turned towards the bridge that lead to the mainland. Though she'd never crossed it, her confidence never wavered. Her departure would not be unlike those many others, who had chosen not to support the new leader of Ischia. Though, she suspected, her's would sting the most. 

OOC: This sucks so bad. Sorry!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Astarael - 04-17-2018, 07:52 AM