• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

best have your wits about you
    Overthrown, barks the violet mare, her reluctance to join the conversation a marked counterpoint to Jesper’s smooth diplomacy. He had mentioned a change in leadership only; had said this visit is a courtesy.

That is to be expected, Lepis thinks, that’s not at all abnormal.

But the spotted mare speaks up again, mentioning an investigation, an inspection of changes wrought upon a kingdom. I am not pleased with this news, mostly for the knowledge of the reaction it might bring about in the king. He would be...displeased.

Mosreal says they need answers, and Jesper says they need the king. Having turned to lead them deeper into the kingdom in search of our monarch, I pause with one hoof still raised to glance back. I envy the handsome bronze haired stallion; he seems so easily able to hide his emotions.

My own voice quavers as I begin to speak, but the words grow stronger.

”Perhaps you could ask me your questions.” I say. ”I will answer them as best I can, and if I cannot, we will continue to search for His Majesty. But I might be more help than you seem to think.” I glance at Mosrael as I say this, she who has insinuated twice that I am not who they are looking for in a manner that is not especially inspiring.

Messages In This Thread
    best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-18-2018, 10:09 PM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Lepis - 04-19-2018, 09:51 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Mosrael - 04-20-2018, 07:22 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-20-2018, 02:08 PM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Lepis - 04-21-2018, 04:32 PM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Mosrael - 04-22-2018, 08:50 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-23-2018, 09:23 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Lepis - 04-26-2018, 06:31 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Mosrael - 04-26-2018, 09:44 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-26-2018, 09:20 PM