• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Solace

Solace

. . .

"Looking for my parents," he tells her as the ivory ridges of his face press into the curve of her cheek. She can feel his grief and he goes on (one emotion they had rarely shared together in their golden childhood) and her lids closes heavily over the crystalline blue of her eyes. "I'm sorry," she sighs, and as he pulls his face away winters chill fills the place he leaves vacant. She remembers the heartbreak she had felt when her family had left to travel beyond Beqanna, the anger which had bubbled up, and how pointless her days in Tephra had felt as she wandered the beaches alone. 

And she had known they would be back, in time. 

"Maybe they went to wherever Tangerine is from, Svedka loved it there," she suggests as her features brighten. She knew of the plains only by reputation, but what she did know was only positive. 

There is a flash of her childhood friend in the green eyes of this man, and that glimpse melts away the hesitancy which had bridled her before. "I'm happy your back," she says, draping her neck across his withers and not letting her mind wander where it wishes to go next - to wonder how long he will stay. 

"I don't even know where to start," she replies as she pulls away from the embrace. "I'm still Caretaker, and Hyaline is as healthy as ever... even if the other kingdoms are at each others throats."

She wonders if she is buying herself time by talking about politics, and Solace stops herself. The rustling of her wings rustling by her sides the only sound as she falls silent. 

"I found someone, Smoak." She smiles as she looks up into his eyes, but the hesitation has returned and she doesn't lie to herself - she knows the source of it. She had spent the first four years of her life denying that she was in love with him, and now the life experience she had been lacking back then lends clarity to her past. 

"Hyaline's Protector, Kagerus, she's wonderful. She's a dreamer, a warrior, and a talented diplomat too." Then a smile parts her lips, and her words come quicker when she speaks again. "She had to battle Warrick in the Alliance, and she won... but he was a good sport about it, of course. He really likes her." 

But once again she bites her tongue, wondering if she has said too much or if her oldest friend will be happy for her. 

@[Smoak]

Messages In This Thread
    WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Solace - by Smoak - 05-07-2018, 07:44 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Solace - by Solace - 05-08-2018, 04:21 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Solace - by Smoak - 05-09-2018, 07:58 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Solace - by Solace - 05-11-2018, 03:56 PM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Solace - by Smoak - 05-12-2018, 08:55 AM
    RE: WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Solace - by Solace - 05-21-2018, 02:57 PM