• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\
    Sometimes you just needed to stretch your wings. I had been trapped beneath Sylva's canopy since the clown had stolen me there, and it was getting a bit old. I would return. We both knew I would. But for now, the sky called me, as it always did. It was in my blood, a lasting gift from my parents before me. Thinking on them threatened to sour my mood. Without another thought, the vast sails of my wings extended and swept me through branches and into free air. 

With strong beats, I carve the air like a shark through water. This is my element, what I was born to. Half an hour into my cruising, and the river has become a shining ribbon beneath me. It has been so long since I've flown this long, and while I hate to land, I'm rather thirsty. A quick drink won't hurt. In a controlled spiral I descend, watching the waters open beneath me until I could make out details, bodies. One stands out, a lithe form of silver and lavender, slightly obscured with foliage. On a whim, this is where I choose to plant my feet. Like a great hawk, I land mere feet from the girl. My half sister. "Karat. It's been a while." I nicker at her gently. 

@[Karat]

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Karat - 05-30-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker Than Water //Any\\ - by Kwartz - 05-30-2018, 11:53 AM