• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Lagertha hates the bureaucracy of it all - the endless meetings that Scorch calls would have herp icking at her cuticles and digging dirt out of already short fingernails if she were human. Of course, when she becomes Khaleesi, it will be a necessary evil. But for now, she can linger in the back and roll her eyes and be the anti-meeting General they all know her to be. She is no different, save for her new sorta-crown. The waterbuck horns on her head no longer make her skull and neck ache, though the tips are now past her ears. They would be useful for fighting…. very useful indeed.

She would be thorny everywhere.

Lagertha’s had some brief encounters with the Jungle spirit - mostly in the guise of a curious cub staring out at her under some leaf, or padding along a tree branch above her. Once, when she woke up, there were little paw prints around her, and her chest was awfully warm. She wasn’t the type to seek the cub out, or presume that it would spend hours alone with her - but hey, to each their own. Maybe Scorch is really freaking special and she’s never realized it. Maybe she’s got the spirit all wrong, but her impression was that it wasn’t a docile pet to sit at the ruler’s hooves, and that they should be lucky to see it. But perhaps that’s just when it’s grown.

Normally, if someone needed protection, she would assign a rotating guard. But was it necessary? “We could always try to assign it a guard - though I imagine keeping tabs on a spirit could prove logistically difficult.” And then she says no more until the end, half listening and half wondering where her foxy little friend has gone to.

Finally, when Scorch has said her piece(s), but before new sisters say their vows, she gets down to Army business. “There will be a meeting after this to restructure the Army ranks, as few of us have done anything. If you think you deserve your current rank, speak up then. I’d like Lyris to have one of the pair of wings. And until another sister steps up, I will take the second, because there’s no point in wasting a perfectly good pair. If anyone wins anything in the Desert events, they will receive the pair. If no one wins, but comes in second or third, the wings will go to that sister instead.” She had never had any intention of letting Malka have the other pair - not only was she gifted enough, but she had done nothing for the Jungle lately, and Lagertha didn’t think she deserved them. Whether or not the General deserved them either was debateable, but she could not direct and air force if she did not know how to fly herself. And she is more than willing to give them up, as stated, to someone else who wants them.

She pauses for a moment, thinking of what Malka proposed - to name it. "What about Inavva, which means sister, or Oakah, which means soul?"

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general

[so i think this answers the fairy thread, too? idk if yall wanted to continue that or not.]

Messages In This Thread
    ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Scorch - 07-17-2015, 08:46 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Lagertha - 07-20-2015, 02:08 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Nayl - 07-20-2015, 03:39 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Rhy - 07-21-2015, 01:48 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Jaide - 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Pomona - 07-21-2015, 11:05 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Sarkis - 07-23-2015, 03:02 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Lyris - 07-27-2015, 03:17 AM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Valkerine - 07-27-2015, 01:29 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Malka - 08-06-2015, 05:46 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by prague - 08-06-2015, 08:36 PM