• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like the dawn, you broke the dark - any/fam

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    And in the wild moments after Solace's miraculous birthing, other come to join our celebration. They barely fit in our little grotto, bodies against bodies in a way that only some can be. Some in the room are ancient (my father is at least seventy years old) and some are less than three minutes of age, while others fall more inbetween: I at around eighteen, Solace near eight, and Abysm near three or four. So many ages to keep track of, but of course, our ages are not what I'm concerned about; in fact, I'm concerned about very little. I am surrounded by family; old, young, broody and calm alike.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I rasp to my father, smiling tearfully towards him. He's always, always been there for me; I grew up without a mother. My heart squeezes at the thought, eyes turning to Abysm as I try to find a connection there. He's been so distant, so hurt; and it's my fault. And I'm sure that, to him, it feels like it's my fault I can't pay more attention to him. But with six kids between Solace and I now... It's a lot, and I fear my best will never be enough because of how our relationship began. With my abandonment of him.

But it won't happen again; although it might feel like spite to my eldest, it is because of him and for him that I will pour all of my love into my triplets.

Stepping away from Rhaegor, I press a kiss first to my father's cheek, and then I look to Abysm. My antlered head lowers in submission and respect, and if he will allow it, I step into him, too. The light champagne of his coat reminds me momentarily of his father; but as I breathe in his scent, I remember that he is mine too, and that in every way, no matter how weird, he too belongs right here with us.

Solace's gentle call brings me back to her side immediately, and I lean to catch her whispers and the soft bite of her teeth along my ear. I shiver and smile, wuffing warm air over her tired eyes in silent appreciation of the sacrifice she has made for her family, knowing that if I ever did, I would die.

Allowing the warm, full energy of our family to overcome my logical thought processes, I kneel down next to our youngest, setting to the cleaning of his creamy little mane. "Hello, Sviko..."
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - any/fam - by Kagerus - 08-03-2018, 08:05 PM