• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan]

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    The drafty stallion grins at her rebuke. Good - not such a cheesy girl. Worth talking to then. ”Who says I’m picking up anything?” he counters nonchalantly. He chuckles though, seeing her look. Still flattered anyway, so he can continue that road easily. ”Aside from your pretty looks of course.” he winks.

By now she’s swimming against the current, and makes it to his side. While the river isn’t at it’s highest point any longer, it can still be tricky, but she pulls it off. Impressive.

At his comment about her being hurt he shakes his head. ”No, but it sounded like you took half a tree with you.” He moves a little closer and bends his neck to inspect her right knee and side. Seems she was badly bruised, but nothing other than that. ”Guess you’re in luck. I can help you with cooling it down without drowning yourself though, if you like.” he offers, seeing her shiver. Sure, it would require standing just a few more inches closer, but her coat is now damp all over her back from swimming and it seems she doesn’t like that much.

She offers her name - he smiles sheepishly. ”Leilan. Pleasure to meet you, Princess.” Not that he thinks she is an actual princess, but every girl wants to be one at some point, and - well it was an idea he’d picked up that was inspired by a friend of his. Margaux might be a little... out of the ordinary, but making up nicknames on the go was pretty funny. Maybe Thal would rather stick with just the one nickname, but hey, as long as it was enjoyable on both sides, it was good.

Come to think of it, that counted for about everything he did. Or, most things, anyway.
    "dear crow, your voice is right enough;
    but where are your wits?"
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Thalassa]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan] - by Leilan - 08-05-2018, 01:05 PM