• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Her winter coat is thick, but fully wet, or at least it had been when she entered the cave some time ago. By now, it seems to dry just a little, but he remembers when he pulled back moments earlier to half-seal them in (he wonders for a heartbeat if he should have sealed them in wholly, selfishly, so they would never be leaving this cave again) that she shivered, so he doesn't move from his spot even when she shakes the water out. He just blinks a few drops out of his eyes, letting the water glide of his scaly hide easily.

He just looks into her deep brown eyes when he talks, and snorts at her first response, half a laugh, half serious. "Somewhat." he repeats with a shake of his head. But she continues that the responsibility had held her sane, and he immediately feels guilty, knowing that he was one of those things she needed to keep her sanity for. If that was what she thought she needed, then who was he to judge? He'd just seen a majority of Khaleesi come and go (from a good distance) and had decided to leave them to it. The Amazons were never his thing, until this particular one.

He listens with a half-ear as she tells him not to talk about his mother like that (but his mother and he have a complicated relationship and he's allowed to tease her as much as he teases Breckin, at the least), and the fact that she does not elaborate doesn't bother him. Mother always finds a way to keep occupied. It's just what she's occupied with that he sometimes does not agree with.

But she's near, and she's touching him, did she touch him on that same spot on purpose? His eyes narrow as he looks at her, but she doesn't pull away this time so he can't ask with a look. Instead, he lets her continue to do the speaking, because he's said about all that he needs her to hear tonight. She's making fun of him now, he knows, but he would gladly let her have that win. "Always. Duly noted." is his immediate answer. Drowning in her eyes again for a moment, his own blue eyes deepening to a colour that they were before the changes, the chocolate brown - something that probably only ever happens when she looks at him that way, though he has no time to notice, soaked up by her own face.

"I'll always come home to you."
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Breckin]
    Uhm. I think you melted him.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin - by Leilan - 09-18-2018, 02:49 PM