• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

May you always lead from the beating in your chest; Chryseis, any

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    For someone who knows, indeed, a lot of other horses, he's decidedly unimportant - or at least, so he thinks. He holds the lowest rank still in his brotherhood (well, okay, together with everyone else, it seems Brennen just didn't really get into promotions, perhaps he thought that they were better as equals which was actually well on point), he knows a lot of kings well enough to tease them on a first-name basis, like Arthas and Bane Of Our Existence, and Breckin. Though she had always been special to him, of course.

He'd had a title once. But that title meant nothing. Prince of the Amazons - basically, the most fucked-up position one could ever have. Give the boy a fancy name so you can ignore him, right? Right. Seemed the best. idea. ever. To those mares and fillies calling themselves female warriors, at least.

No, he'd rather have no title and secretly know his way around the kingdoms and their high-ranking individuals, sneaking around as it were, than the other way around, having a title that meant he could sit back and watch but don't touch and don't speak. God, he hated the not speaking up part.

The blue roan filly, lanky and sticky-legged but grown, almost at the height she will be as an adult, finds her way among the rocks easily. A matter of practise, he supposes, and he hasn't gotten that much practise yet; used to the meadow, the river, the forest, and the beach and tropical jungle; but never walking among cliffsides much. It would have to change, he supposed, he would have to practise more. Well, he could start today.

She nuzzles against him, and he tugs at her forelock. "You've grown so much. Why'd I miss that?" He asks her, as if she would have the answer, then gives her a coy smile. "No, by a Kelpie." It's only then that he realizes that she once asked if there were sharks in the river, decidedly interested as if she would go looking for them. Oops. He'd better not tell Briseis he mentioned the Kelpie.

"I don't think it'll suddenly transfer to you. But Chryseis, you already have the most beautiful eyes." he tells her, looking at her sincerely as the ice blue settles on some kind of softer blue. Then he smiles again. "And it's inconvenient too, you know. Everybody always seems to know how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking." he sighs dramatically, eyes a green colour, since he's mocking her and not actually thinks it's too much of a trouble. But it probably demonstrates what he's telling her.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Chryseis] Overflow? What's that word, I don't know it? -checks- Nope, not in my book.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: May you always lead from the beating in your chest; Chryseis, any - by Leilan - 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM