• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's just my soul responding; luster + merry
    He was startled when she spoke, jumping a little and bumping against Luster's legs. He wasn't sure why he hadn't noticed her. He was normally so very observant! But he sure hadn't seen her until she was right before them and he tucked himself shyly beneath Luster, peering between her forelegs with wide, soft blue eyes.

Oh! And she was speaking to him!

He glanced up at Momma, measuring her reaction to the stranger, but he didn't notice any alarm (didn't even know what alarm would look like). So his curious gaze slid back to the lovely woman with a hesitant but hopeful sweet smile.

"Hullo," he murmured softly, rubbing his dark face against Luster's leg absently, lovingly. Bashfully. "I'm Cimmerian."

Oh. He wasn't sure he was supposed to say so, and he peeked up at Momma again with a shade of doubt clouding his faded blue eyes and his smile faltering a little. Was that alright? Did he do good? Momma was the most important person in all the world, his only person, and he never wanted to disappoint her. Not even a tiny bit.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's just my soul responding; luster + merry - by Cimmerian - 09-22-2018, 05:28 PM