• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Already choking on my pride // Any
    There is an instant camaraderie between us. Slowly some of the tension leaks from the my crystalline shoulders in response to the unexpected ease with which conversation flows with the antlered queen. After an interlude of companionable silence, I find myself smiling at the parallels in the reactions Nerine kindled within us. It was homelike in a way that was startling in such an unfamiliar land. How was it that something so new felt so right? A chime of laughter flew before me at her self correcting appreciation of the Amazons of time gone by. 

"Such a close link! I'm not terribly familiar with the lore and history of this kingdom, but the Amazons certainly carved out a distinctive niche for themselves in Beqannan legend. That's a proud heritage to carry." I acknowledge with an impressed tone. 

My next question felt innocent enough, but suddenly I am given insight into Kagerus' value as Hyaline's co-ruler. Her reaction is vaguely defensive, flipping my inquiry on end to face myself. I raise my brows in a mildly amused (or exasperated) way, but forgo the words to go with it in favor of the strange stallion who approaches us. His name I do not know, though he carries himself with enough importance. More intriguing still is the flare within his eyes that betrays a nature I am growing familiar with. That strange backlit iridescence that shone with dragon fire. 

Kagerus is cooled considerably towards this stranger, and while she may feel it's warranted, I have no such predilection. "Come now, Kagerus, has Hyaline courtesy changed so much since I visited last? You and I know as well as any the virtues of border security." My face is softly open as I turn to the speckled man. My head bobs politely in his direction as I take the opportunity to answer them both at once. 

"I am Sabra. One-time Queen of Sylva, currently harbored by Ischia, now seeking residence here in Nerine for myself and my sons." It is a brief description, if somewhat formally worded. I look up at them both, wondering just how my words will be recieved. Once before, I tried to live here, and was rebuffed. But that was a time ago, under different leadership and different circumstances. Home. Kagerus had used the word so lovingly before. That longing has filled my chest as of late, constant reminders of all I'd been missing. Home. Do not fault me for wanting what you have. 

@[Kagerus] @[Leilan] sorry, she demanded to be in first person lol

Messages In This Thread
    Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-26-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-01-2018, 03:49 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM