• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane
    My hoof is raised to paw again when I see something moving above my reflection. It’s getting bigger impossibly quickly, and I draw my head back instinctively even though I am uncertain what it might be. That wariness saves me, for an instant later something huge slams down into the water at my hooves. Scrambling back quickly, I flare my wings wide and Wolfbane is a half-breath from being petrified with fear before I recognize him. He might get the lightest touch of it (my control of these fiercer emotions has always been challenging), but I pull it back as I force myself to take a slow breath. 

By the time the ripples fade in the water, I have taken stock of the sheepish stallion that stands opposite me. Despite my initial fear, there is a smile growing at the edges of my mouth, one that widens as he babbles. ”I’m fine,” I tell Wolfbane with a grin, unable to keep from goodnatured teasing. ”But I cant say the same for your dignity.”

His presence here explains the that tickle at the back of my neck, the sense that something - someone - had been following me. It is not a sensation I am unfamiliar with, though most of the time it is only a figment of my mind. I’d thought it might be someone from Sylva, and so I attribute the inexplicable giddiness I feel to the relief of the that suspicion.

”I didn’t know anyone else knew about this place,” My gaze leaves the blue-striped stallion as I say this, trailing instead along the opening of the cavern where the black of shadow is only distinguishable from the midnight sky by its lack of stars and the illumination of the moon. ”It’s the best place to watch the sunrise,” I add as my blue eyes lower to see him out amidst the shadows. He looks oddly distant across the shallow pool, so I pick my way around the rim to stand beside him.

hopefully this one works!
    @[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Lepis - 10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Lepis - 10-04-2018, 09:39 PM