• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Ajatar

As though her words have switched a flip inside the young woman’s skull, she sees understanding in her youthful features. A sudden recognition of the truth of her words. Whatever else Heartfire may be, she has always been unfailingly honest. She may omit certain truths, but she has never needed to utter an outright lie. In a world like Beqanna, lies are too easily discerned. So, she had learned to manipulate the truth to suit her whims just as she had learned to manipulate sight.

Her lips curve into the faintest of smiles as she watches Ajatar. Though the gesture lacks true warmth, there is an odd kind of encouragement there. An acknowledgement of her understanding, of her discovery about the truth of her life. And that recognition is the seed planted. Heartfire has grown familiar enough with the nature of emotion to know Ajatar would grasp at these words. Would find comfort in knowing she could wrest control of her own life if she so chose.

Her questions are to be expected however. Destruction is not a gift everyone can appreciate. She thinks Ajatar can learn that appreciation, but she would also need reason to do so. For a weighty moment, Heartfire merely considers her scaled companion, pale blue eyes inscrutable. Her gaze falters only briefly, to glance at the destruction the girl had wrought with her deadly gift. There is no fear there, however.

Heartfire knows she can be just as deadly if the need calls.

“It is a curse only if you believe it is a curse,” Heartfire finally answers, her voice soft, thoughtful. “Because by that token,” briefly the roan mare let’s loose her own control, eyes shifting to passively watch the flower break apart into dust. Into nothingness, leaving only a bare patch where it should have stood, “this too is nothing more than a curse.” Her lips tilt up then, a slightly more visible smile. “For me though, this has been my protection. My salvation. It’s true that it causes destruction, but it is also my freedom.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Ajatar - by Heartfire - 10-05-2018, 04:21 PM