• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your best american girl
    Boredom engulfs her. Jude stamps her hoof into the soft soil, clearly irritated. Why must she always be stimulated? The delicate girl rolls her eyes. Here, she sits, disinterested - pissed that she is disinterested. She fights the urge to give up. She will find someone.

Jude feels the ground beneath her hooves shuttering ever so slightly. She slowly brings her head all the way up, eying the sizable horse cantering boldly toward her. For a moment, she thinks he may not see her, that he is going to just barrel right through her. The pink girl snorts, stands at attention and narrows her eyes. He is handsome, but she will not be ignored.

The dragon-like creature before her was impressive. Jude cocks her small, elegant head. Perhaps she had found a kindred soul. She peers up at him through long lashes, horribly fascinated. He must be twice her size, with burnished scales and intimidating eyes (but of course, she feels no discomfort when their gazes meet). Jude smiles, hoping to entice while being enticed herself.

“Hey there, lonely-lovely, have you decided yet what you’re going to be? Need help getting there?”

Jude raises an amused eyebrow. In fact, she has decided what she is going to be (everything) and she does need help getting there (by whatever means).

“Kingdom-wise, I mean. You seem the ambitious type anyway, to me. I’m Leilan, by the way.”

Ah, I have found another kindred soul, she assumes immediately after Leilan has finished speaking. At least, kindred on a very base level. She was not lonely, though, and she will correct him on that.

The dainty girl realizes that in her preoccupation with Leilan, another (plainer appearing) stallion had approached. It takes everything in her power to not grin with delight. This is exactly what she came here looking for.

“Hello to you both,” he speaks in a voice that instantaneously has Jude engrossed. She likes him. There is something . . . fine . . . in the way he presents himself. The girl wants to climb inside that feeling, to understand it completely. “My name is Magnus,” he finishes. Jude, rarely at a loss for words, peers with uncertainty at Magnus.

Almost forgetting the other man entirely, Jude smiles at Magnus, pouring out all of her sweet southern charm. She bats her lashes at him once before turning to face Leilan again.

“Magnus and Leilan . . .” she purrs, lingering over their names with her feminine drawl. “To answer your question, Leilan, I am not lonely but I do know what I want,” she pauses, casts her lavender gaze slowly over Magnus, wondering if he’ll invite her somewhere as easily as Leilan did.

“My name is Peregrine Jude, but y’all can call me Jude. What are you two handsome fellas doing out here? Besides catchin’ me by surprise . . .” Jude grins at the both of them, her voice low and sweet. Despite trying to pay attention to both of them, she cannot seem to keep her eyes off of Magnus. She is not surprised, something so different from her was bound to warrant dire fascination.

@Leilan @magnus

Messages In This Thread
    your best american girl - by peregrine jude - 10-06-2018, 02:26 AM
    RE: your best american girl - by Leilan - 10-06-2018, 03:31 AM
    RE: your best american girl - by magnus - 10-06-2018, 05:31 PM
    RE: your best american girl - by peregrine jude - 10-06-2018, 08:05 PM
    RE: your best american girl - by Leilan - 10-07-2018, 10:53 AM
    RE: your best american girl - by magnus - 10-07-2018, 03:21 PM
    RE: your best american girl - by peregrine jude - 10-07-2018, 11:37 PM
    RE: your best american girl - by Leilan - 10-12-2018, 08:42 AM
    RE: your best american girl - by magnus - 10-14-2018, 03:01 PM
    RE: your best american girl - by peregrine jude - 10-18-2018, 01:56 AM