• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family
    In my dark times, I'll be going back to these streets, promising everything I do not mean. In my dark times, baby, this is all I could be
    The summer sun is more bearable here in Nerine, where his mother explained Leilan lived now. He spreads his wings to catch the breeze against his feathers and breathes in the smell of the sea. It’s different from the forests and the meadows where Jenova leads him but the sight of the caves in the distance drag a shiver up his spine. Unlike his sister, those midnight depths loom far ahead and fill him with a sense of unease that predates his kind. But he chooses to ignore them for now as he wanders through the kingdom borders.

Today he seeks out Leilan to spend more time with his father, as Jenova had suggested.

But there’s another child meandering at this side, flowers in her mouth and gold splashes across her face. He grits his teeth as the first seeds of jealousy root within him. Ophanim tucks his wings against his sides and moves toward the pair with his head held high. The boy wants to know just who this stranger is bothering his father and imposing on the time they should be spending on father-son time.

Dad, who’s this?” he asks with his bird chest puffed out indignantly. He’s much smaller than his sister at this point in their lives but he’s got the bravado of someone three times their size. His golden-hazel eyes focus on the flowers between her teeth and he considers snatching them from her. Ophie brings his gaze to her eyes and he realizes he hasn’t shared his name with her yet. Could he just… not? His mom would nudge him roughly and tell him to be nice, he supposes.

I’m Ophanim, Leilan’s son,” he says with a light snort. “I’m also his favorite.

The last part was not necessary but he didn’t feel right not telling her. She deserves to know.
    ophanim
    @[Leilan] @[Chryseis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family - by Ophanim - 10-10-2018, 10:46 PM