• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

two hearts on a cold street; any

“Friends,” he replied to the girl with an amiable nod, though Leander saw the confusion that scrawled across her expression when he mentioned the kingdoms he sought. As he’d never been to the Jungle himself, he couldn’t offer her any clarification beyond his parents’ imparted memories. “From what I’ve heard, it’s certainly a very warm place. There’s probably more green than you can even imagine.” He smiled to reassure her as she went on.

It did strike him as a little strange that somehow, she seemed to know of a place that sounded like the Jungle, even though she said she didn’t. He gathered that she had at least dreamed of somewhere similar – for no matter how far-fetched, even dreams had to draw from some aspects of reality. The obvious emotion that misted her bright eyes softened the brown of his own; however, he grew serious when she asked whether they might look for the Jungle together.

“I wouldn’t mind the company, Xero, but maybe we should ask your parents if that would be okay first?” Xero seemed quite young to be galivanting the lands all on her own, and Leander certainly didn’t want to cause anyone that sort of worry. He looked around the open expanse of meadow and inspected the figures milling about more closely. “Where are they?” he asked casually, assuming they were among those nearby.

leander
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; like a dream in my arms but i’m wide awake

Messages In This Thread
    two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-19-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-25-2018, 11:59 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-12-2018, 09:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-23-2018, 12:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM