• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

summer beach party ♥ all young horses WITH PRIZES
    -- I don't know where you're going,
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

There are more new faces here than she had expected, and in the beginning, it is exciting. She is vibrancy and chaos trapped inside a mortal body, and she feeds off the different currents of energy. It is nearly impossible to keep track of those that come and go, and she finds her attention flitting from horse to horse as they converse, but she is not bothered by it. If she could she would try to befriend each and every one of them, but as with most parties, they have begun to condense into smaller groups.

She notices that Rhaegor’s attention seems to continuously stray to the mare on the beach, and even though she is intrigued, she does not think much of it. There are too many other new arrivals — most of who she doesn’t know, except for Tähti, who she smiles brightly at. She is about to pull away to greet her when a trio is making their way towards where she stands alongside Rhaegor; a liver chestnut, a pale stallion, and the mysterious mare that had been lingering on the shore.

She does not feel the tension that is building. Gold-blazed face shimmering, she smiles at them, her dark brown eyes sparkling in the fading light. ”Hi! I’m Chryseis,” Her greeting was enthusiastic as always, her small ears flicking as she catches their names. None of them are familiar, although she thinks she has seen Kensa and Litotes around, though she has been spending considerably less time in Hyaline. She is too wild for the sanctuary kingdom, but not in the feral way of her mother; she was reckless and insatiable, and not even the mountains could soothe her wanderlust.

When Rhaegor suddenly breaks away, it is like the curtain has dropped. She startles, her eyes following his fleeing form as she calls out, ”Rhaegor, wait — “ but the words turn to ash on her tongue; he left.  For but a moment, she can’t hide the confusion — and hurt — that strikes her face. What did she do? She fights the urge to follow, accepting that if he fled like that, he clearly didn’t want her, or anyone else, in his presence. It is then that she notices the way Kensa had allowed her gaze to linger on her longer than the others, the way Rhaegor seemed set off by the presence of the pale stallion, and the way he had been so captivated by the stranger — Ivy — on the beach. It didn’t make sense, but the pieces of this puzzle were making her uneasy.

There is a storm stirring in her chest, but she pushes it down, and when she looks back to the group she smiles again, and even though it is genuine, it is dimmer than before. She felt deflated, like someone had kicked the wind out of her, but she was determined to not wear it on her face. ”You two are new to Hyaline?” Her tone is light, attempting to ignore the prince’s abrupt departure.  She has never resorted to small talk before, usually diving right in to something ridiculous, but her mind is elsewhere. Her eyes follow the retreating form of Ivy, and she holds Kensa’s gaze for a moment, seeming to question if they should follow the quiet mare. Much like with Rhaegor, she assumes that if someone leaves, it’s for a reason.
    chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

Messages In This Thread
    I had visions, I was in them - by Achlyss - 10-25-2018, 09:35 AM
    RE: summer beach party ♥ all young horses - by Chryseis - 10-28-2018, 04:44 AM