• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy
    Ah hell. Dizzy spotted him at the same time Defy did, lying on the ground looking on the verge of death. And somehow that was all that mattered. Her Dov, in need. She curled up beside him, wrapped herself around him like she’d done so long ago when she’d found him crying over some girl he’d loved and lost, back before she’d had any idea what that could feel like. She held him and crooned softly to him, wordless sounds of comfort as she nuzzled skin between plates of bone, cleaned some of the blood off him with gentle licks of her tongue.

“Hi, Daddy.” Defy’s voice was a little shaky, and he looked down at his daddy with wide, worried eyes. “You don’ look so good. You need a healer like Momma did?” Dizzy shuddered a little, not especially needing the reminder, but just kept on cleaning her Dov the best she could. No healer, and she didn’t know any other than the one who’d patched her up recently enough that her hair had just barely begun to grow back. No idea where to find the woman, and she only had a soft voice and a tiny flash of memory to go off of, nothing that could get her here to help.

So she did her best to keep him comfortable, because she sure as hell wasn’t leaving him alone. Defy fidgeted a little and then curled up and tucked himself against their chests, nuzzling his daddy and helping. She should’ve stopped him, should probably have made sure to keep him distant from the illness plaguing his daddy, but Dov seemed a little more relaxed with him there (or was she imagining it? Hard to say when he was so weak.) and Defy had his stubborn face on as he curled up with them.

She just nodded instead, nuzzling him gently and returning her attention to his daddy. Diz was hardly foolish enough to assume he’d just come down with a bad case of the flu, but they were in it now either way, and if they got sick they’d deal with it then. “Hush,” she murmured gently, expecting him to protest. “We’ve got you, baby.” Not much they could do to help, but it wouldn’t stop her trying.

Messages In This Thread
    i'll be your reason to fight; daddy - by Defy - 11-06-2018, 01:17 PM
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy - by Disastardly - 11-06-2018, 10:56 PM
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy - by Defy - 11-11-2018, 01:17 PM