• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The things we take with us || Jinn ||

Adria

I felt nothing at all, freedom of the fall

A soothing, invisible hand finds her - not a reply. Not at first. In the same way her powers had tumbled out to greet him in the River, (curious, gentle, a bit unexpected) so does his healing affect Adria. It starts from the inside out, something like a warm embrace that she doesn’t resist, and serves to heal the tired muscles as well as distinguish the tepid fear inside of her. Seconds are all that it takes for the Nereid to feel well rested, though she’s traveled a good bit and sucked herself dry of energy. Her eyes close to the sensation and she sighs, opening them to a blanket of pure light that shimmers and undulates across her yellow-tinted coat.

“Incredible!” She half-murmurs to herself, lowering the soft pink folds of her lips down to one knee, taking long strokes up and down her short cannon bone just to watch the material shift and reshape itself despite her interference. This was why she’d come ashore in the first place, about a year or so ago. She’d wanted to discover the magic, the hidden wonders Beqanna had to offer, and her secret guest is unknowingly indulging her childhood fantasies.

His voice (for it certainly was a male, she could discern that much from this distance) and the way it fashions a question for her makes Adria smile, even when she glances towards the speaking tree to find those familiar eyes glancing back. Languid and graceful, the seamare gently collects herself again and blinks softly into the dim light, easing confidently nearer to the unfelled, massive tree before her own head snakes around the bulging curve for a good look.

“I think a more appropriate question would be, why does he wish to hide?” The young mare teases without a hint of animosity. It seems she’s found what she’s gone looking for, and so the islander sets about making things right without further delay. “I’m sorry for the way I left you.” She starts, in a tone that seemed delicate but was most certainly melancholy. “Do you think you can forgive me?”

@[Jinn]

Messages In This Thread
    The things we take with us || Jinn || - by Adria - 11-05-2018, 02:09 PM
    RE: The things we take with us || Jinn || - by Adria - 11-15-2018, 12:29 PM