• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge; Chryseis
    Her attitude toward being caught does bring a genuine curl of amusement to the kelpie's face; how fearless are the youth. Such easy pickings. The mention of Nerine stirs his interest further; the idea of Chryseis being under Breckin's protection makes her that much more appealing. The leopard spotted mare would surely be aghast at his audacity, perhaps she'd even come to confront him herself.

This emboldens him, removes whatever barriers might have prevented him from taking a girl not fully grown. Her enthusiasm for sharing stories of kelpies makes the transition all the easier, and he tells her (after a moment of visible consideration, as though he debates telling her at all):

"Was that recently? I don't think I've bitten anyone recently."  This is a lie, of course; had the saltwater not cleansed him he'd still have bits of Jhene and Carwyn between his teeth. He does know he hadn't been the kelpie to bite her father - whomever he might be. Ivar does not participate in catch-and-release for stallions, after all. Not the release part, anyway.

There are few kelpies that haunt the shores of Beqanna, and most are family. If this father-biter had attacked recently, perhaps it is a sign that his family has returned at last. Before he can consider the implications of this, Chryseis is answering his question about scales, and phrasing it in such a way that Ivar briefly wonders if fate had put this blue girl in his path to tempt him.

Fate is rarely so kind, and Ivar is usually wary of gifts.

Still, the Riverlands seem empty and Chryseis perfectly innocent. If he does not take this opportunity, what type of hunter would he be.

Though his earlier comment has already made it clear that he is a kelpie (and he is certain now that she has never seen one, or she might have recognized him right away), he still makes an offer to affirm that.

"I could try to bite you, I suppose." The raise of his brows and curious expression suggests this is nothing more than a friendly offer. "But then you might also be a kelpie, and I couldn't leave you to deal with that all alone."  He looks west for a moment, toward his distant Ischia, appearing for a moment as though he is eager to return, as though her time with him might be limited, and the offer bound by time.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge; Chryseis - by Ivar - 11-16-2018, 07:51 AM