• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any

Feebly, Leander shook his head in protest of the other stallion’s reply – but it is too late. Litotes hurried to his side, offering him a shoulder. A streak of stubbornness caused Leander to push off the rock wall and take a step away as he attempted to distance himself from the helpful stranger, but all of a sudden he was swaying dangerously as a faint spell overcame him and his vision blurred. Truthfully, if the cremello hadn’t been there, Lee might have tumbled down the craggy precipice just then – but instead his weight bumped against the other’s solid frame.

He leaned gratefully on Litotes then, concentrating on drawing in breath as the blurriness slowly cleared from view. “I guess you were right about my needing help,” he managed resignedly, his voice rasping past the sickness within. “Thanks,” he said, gesturing weakly once he had recovered his own balance. He listened as the man spoke of Silver Cove next, and at the mention of a healer, his ears twitched. Litotes certainly made his offer a tempting one – and yet Leander still felt uneasy about the possibility of introducing contagion to the haven, no matter how safe it was reputed to be.

The winged overo sighed heavily. “It’s not that I don’t want to go,” he began. “But I can’t risk anyone else’s exposure. You shouldn’t have come near me, let alone touched me – although I am grateful. It seems I owe you one.” He gave a short laugh, though it came out sounding like more of a choked cough than anything else. “That is, if I survive this thing.” At that, Leander’s mouth twisted with the ghost of a crooked grin. Given the rate that the disease seemed to be progressing, he felt all-too aware of the fact that there was a chance he simply wouldn’t.

leander
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; like a dream in my arms but i’m wide awake

@[litotes] sorry for the wait my dear!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any - by Leander - 11-18-2018, 11:57 PM