• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go to hell for heaven's sake; any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

”Have you now?” He has achieved what he wanted, and yet there lies a hunger in his eyes that remains unsated. ”I know you want more,” her voice is low, thoughtful. A smirk crosses her lips as she glances away toward the groaning, naked trees nearby. If not for the contorted branches and peeling park, Valdis could have easily forgotten about the plague engulfing them. Although fearful initially, she finds herself fascinated with the hellhound, amused and piqued by the starved look in his eyes and the glint of power.

He is everything she isn’t.
    It draws her closer.
    Her heart races.

The air is dry when she inhales, but it’s also soaked with his scent. It already envelopes her. They haven’t even touched and yet she already feels like his own. Her eyes narrow. She doesn’t fight the idea, but in fact embraces the possibilities. They are fascinated with one another, a mutual observation as Sinner no longer masks his own intrigue. For some reason, it makes her smug. Now, she is drawing him in even if it’s only because of her youth and ignorance. Her tail sweeps mildly, her eyes dancing when she, finally, acquires his name. Lifting her chin, she offers her own name to him, sacrificing her mystique. ”Valdis. Princess of Hyaline.” It’s only half a lie, really. Although not a claimant of the throne – despite being mother’s first-born – she remains with a meager title because of her bloodline. It was something inherited while Sinner’s place was likely taken.

”So, Sinner, King of Sylva, what lies in wait?” No doubt his home, a place that he has already dangled in front of her nose. It’s unlikely she won’t follow him now when he lays out a platter so enticingly to her. And while he is aware that she is conflicted, Valdis still tries to hide it, working on her own steely expression as she takes a slow step sideways, away from him. ”You do, in fact, have the very thing I want,” power, she doesn’t say, and respect, ”but what if I get bored?” She blinks away then looks at him again, toying with the idea of being his victim, his new interest in Sylva, but she will never be a damsel in distress.

She wouldn’t always bend over so easily to his whims.

Her brows lift underneath her forelock, mirroring his amusement. ”You won’t let things get boring, will you?” His price remains unsaid, but it doesn’t stop her from silently acquiescing.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]

For real though, I love them

Messages In This Thread
    go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM