• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She is something to behold | Rhaegor

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    There’s a whole lot of miscommunication when one doesn’t talk - which is the root of the problem, perhaps. Rhaegor never once even tried to get to know Chryseis’ family, and Chryseis herself hadn’t bothered to even talk about the fact that she had a boyfriend. The first led Leilan to conclude the boy might not be as interested in her than the other way around - as boys in their teenage years were wont to do, his eyes might linger on the next girl, and in the worst case scenario, his firstborn daughter that he’s always tried to protect from harm would be devastated, pregnant, and utterly alone.

Or she’d defiantly run towards the kelpie land after all that, and either birth a bunch of kelpie babies or get drowned.

Hell-bent on self-destruction.

To Leilan, Rhaegor doesn’t look to be interested in all that Chryseis has to offer. A pretty face, yes, a toy thing, sure, but a toy to be claimed as is evident by her scars, as if she is his possession. Now that, that really angers the draconic stallion, and he has no good words for the boy that has avoided him so far - shady people avoid others.

And no, he doesn’t trust Chryseis’s judgement in this, she is too naive. Ivar the kelpie her friend. Never even wondering where she had come from despite his obvious pull towards Breckin and not her mother. Never asking. Never attempting to learn frmo any of his mistakes, so that she doesn’t have to make them.

She’ll be lost. Either she dies too early, or she’ll get changed by these events, like Willa and Eilidh and Sarkis - damaged, broken, a ghost of what they once were. Is that worse or the same as her premature dying?

But the problem is this kid, of course. A playboy (as he assumes all boys are at this age) holding her heart. So he has something to say to Rhaegor, even if he doesn’t want to hear it perhaps. He lowers his head to the young man’s level. ”If you want to be part of this family, you come fucking meet them beforehand. That’s partly her fault too, so I’ll let it slide this time. Really though, claiming, marking, is middle-aged.” But they have a common goal here, for her to be happy. He searches Rhae’s eyes a moment; the following is the most important. ”But if you ever break her heart, I will come for you.”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Rhaegor]
    Self-destruction, lol. That’s not just Rhae Wink
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    She is something to behold | Rhaegor - by Leilan - 12-18-2018, 03:57 PM
    RE: She is something to behold | Rhaegor - by Leilan - 12-28-2018, 06:55 AM