• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Lie, Loess diplomats

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

Litotes does not bat an eye at Ilma’s lecturing, whether it be actual lecturing or just commentary. He knows how to do this, having gone with Kagerus to the Isle first and possessing an instinct he has crafted over the last two years makes this almost second nature. Instead of a response, he allows the silence to stretch between them, not interested in the slightest in further conversation.

An elegant and handsome pegasus greets them soon, ending the silence that might have stretched awkwardly on. The cremello sizes the other up, impressed and . . . attracted, though he tosses that thought away quick enough to not express the interest on his face. The palomino’s words are kind, kingly but not so in a way that Lie appreciates. He names himself: Wolfbane. How oddly fitting, the Primarch thinks, passing his eyes quickly over the king’s frame. Wolfbane - it somehow wraps the entirety of his appearance into two syllables.

A few coughs that Lie attempts to keep to himself escape while his two companions are speaking. He smiles at the mention of neither land being safe. You’re tellin’ me. Ilma offers to go to the Pampas if that is what Bane prefers, causing the cremello to cast a cool gaze to her. He is almost certain that will not be required, but does not give tell of what he is thinking. Instead, he turns back to the king with a warm and playfully sheepish gaze.

“Yes, if you would like to go to the Pampas, I’m sure we can,” he pauses, backing Ilma’s offer despite his previous thoughts. “And yes, being safe is a bit moot for me: I contracted the plague while caring for Hyaline in Kagerus’ and Solace’s stead. Like Ilma said, I am the new Primarch of Hyaline, co-ruling with Primarch Kensa.” Lie pauses, pressing a cough into his shoulder. Exhaustions glazes his eyes a bit, but still he is not put off. He debates the Pampas idea for a moment, wondering if he should stop, but ultimately deciding that this will only take a couple of seconds.

“We’re here to represent the East: Silver Cove being the kingdom Kagerus and Solace rule, with Hyaline and Pangea both territories beneath them. Pangea is ruled by Archon Yidhra, who will be attempting to research how we can better combat the plague.” Lie quiets, allowing Wolfbane and Ilma their own responses and additions.

Litotes

@[Wolfbane] @[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Lie, Loess diplomats - by litotes - 01-02-2019, 01:50 PM