• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~

Faith is the bird that feels the light

when the dawn is still dark.

Malka is late to the meeting, as was usually for her, but she takes a quiet position at the back of the group as Scorch is part way through the beginning part of her speech. She had been at the small reunion after Scorch's dream meeting with the spirit and had already seen it lurking through the Jungle a handful of times, though she had never bothered to stop it. She listens attentively as Scorch speaks about an exchange with the 'Falls and listens as Pomona speaks. She is tempted to stand back and stay quiet, but then steps forward as well. "I'm sure Pomona's heart and soul could be best used here for the Jungle," she says with soft smile. "The 'Falls is a kingdom that holds a special place in my past, but I've never been able to actually get to know" she continues. She knew that Scorch would know what she spoke about. Her father had been king of the 'Falls when Malka had been born, but was forced to step down when he acquired traits - the same traits the he had passed on to her when Roddrik killed him. "I've also had my life saved by a healer before and would love the opportunity to pay it forward to a sister should the need ever arise,". Again, Malka was pretty sure that of those gathered, only Scorch knew of Malka's harrowing time in the Chamber where she had been raped and then escaped back to the Jungle nothing but skin and bones and had been given life again by an outside healer.

She is quiet for a moment and then smiles at Scorch. "I currently serve little purpose here and I'm sure I would enjoy my time learning about my past," she adds with a soft shake of her head. She waits to see if anyone would object to her offer and then speaks again, "There is strategy to having a sister in a foreign kingdom as well. The longer she is there, the more the other kingdom is likely to speak confidently in front of her, potentially sharing news that they wouldn't normally give to a regular diplomat on a vist. Such news could then be passed along as needed. It's not as foolish a decision as it may initially seem," She steps back a step, tail flicking softly across her hocks as she does so. She continues to stay silent as other sisters step forward and speak, some introducing themselves and others adding to the conversation that Scorch has started.

Malka

immortal, quetzal-shifting Lekh, Kosi & Erinak of the 'Zons

Messages In This Thread
    ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Scorch - 07-17-2015, 08:46 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Lagertha - 07-20-2015, 02:08 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Nayl - 07-20-2015, 03:39 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Rhy - 07-21-2015, 01:48 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Jaide - 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Pomona - 07-21-2015, 11:05 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Sarkis - 07-23-2015, 03:02 PM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Lyris - 07-27-2015, 03:17 AM
    RE: ~*~*~KINGDOM MEETING~*~*~ - by Valkerine - 07-27-2015, 01:29 PM