• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

The child smiled at Scorch's bitterness, as though privately rejoicing in the fact that she was not alone in her dislike of Leilan. Truth be told, Scorch loved her son, and was just doing a fuck awful job of showing it in this moment; it came down to her own self-hatred, of course, as she remembered her son's condemnation of her the first time she bore a child out of wedlock. Gods be damned, if she told him about the child growing in her womb, she might as well just sign a deed which would kill her effective immediately.

But she doesn't have any fucking hands, and besides, she could jump off a cliff at any fucking time.

But she won't.

Because she is stubborn, and I won't let her. Bitch.

The girl then goes on to silently study her grandmother, perhaps admiring her mutilated figure or perhaps finding it disgusting. Whatever she thought, Scorch couldn't care less; at the very most, she knew that she didn't look soft or approachable, and these days, that suited her needs just perfectly. Of course, she of her own blood would not be intimidated by this; and so, Scorch accepts the presence of her granddaughter, submitting to their interaction with a visible sink of weight into a hip.

If I am a chaos girl, you are a chaos woman."

"Well," Scorch laughed, the sound curt but still lined with true humour. "That I cannot argue with."

Perking what remained of her ears, Scorch considered her final question, and finds the smile that had come to her lips slowly turning into a disgusted grimace. Children. Always asking the questions they know not to.

"Tell me your name first, and maybe I'll tell you," she began, ears flicking dismissively. When the answer came, she nodded shortly, a bob of her hammer head. "Good, then. I am Scorch."

With introductions aside, the mare had naught else to delay the delivery of her answer.

"I am taking time away from Nerine. Personal problems in the form of bastard children, paramours, and returned husbands seem to be my destiny these days." Her teeth ground together, a large part of her resentful of her willingness to share such intimate details with such an undeserving child. On the other hand, who better to talk to than one so eerily similar to herself? "I will probably come back one day, but god knows that day won't be soon."

"And now, you will tell me why you aren't in Nerine today Naia, bastard child of Leilan."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

"@[naia]"
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia - by Scorch - 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia - by Scorch - 02-12-2019, 03:28 AM