• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Kingdom Meeting I :: MANDATORY for All who plan to stay/join pls
    He breathes a nearly intangible sigh of relief when the dust settles and they find themselves the victors in a thankfully bloodless squabble. He has seen too much violence in his life, lived through too many upheavals in kingdom and land. For the first time a long time, he had had the ability to stand his ground, to speak for what he believed in. And for the first time in a long time, it had been successful.

When finally the dragon had left, they gather before the leader they had so recently voted in. He does not know her well, but he has seen enough to believe that she wished this land to remain a sanctuary as much as he did. And to see that she has the support of those he knows and trusts only cements that belief.

For a moment, he had been surprised to see Reilly among the crowd. It had been a very long time since he had seen the red-splashed white stallion, but his heart swells with happiness to see such a familiar face in the home he had made for himself. And to see he seemed to know Wallace well.

His features soften as he turns his gaze to Luster, so lovely. Soft, like her mother, and so fiercely determined to stand up for her family and her home. He had been so proud of her, watching the way she had spoken against the intruders earlier. Truthfully, today had not been for himself. It had been for his family. For Ilka, and their young children still here with them. For Luster, and his beautiful grandchildren. It had been for all of them. This home was for them. And he only wished to keep it that way. Would fight to keep it that way if he must.

He remains silent as they discuss where to go from here. He has little interest in the leading of the land. He would offer it his protection, but he had long since realized he had not been made for leadership. He had aspired to it once, but those days are long behind him now. Only when there is a lull in the conversation, a moment of time he might affirm his position, does he speak, adding what little he has to say for consideration. “I have seen enough to put faith in your guidance and leadership,” he begins simply. “I wish only that it remain as intended, a sanctuary, and that my family can live safely. My aid is yours, if you ever need it, in the protection of the island.”
    All things are possible,
    shahrizai
    even the best of things.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Kingdom Meeting I :: Mandatory for All who plan to stay/join pls - by Shahrizai - 02-15-2019, 05:57 PM