• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kensa;

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

If she could know the stranger thinks her delicate she would laugh. She has a lean and lovely blown glass appearance these days, plague  slimming her hearty curves into dainty fragility. Her carriage is graceful, feminine, even while favoring her leg, but her movement has a controlled precision, nimbleness and restrained power. Beauty seems to camouflage what was apparent when she was just a rough cut, pretty little thing climbing through the mountains like a bighorn lamb.

The stallion steps over the invisible border as they bandy words, but Kensa gives to consequence to it. Her head tilts, "Then please. Tell me who you are.". She stands her ground as the Loessian reaches out toward her and turns toward the heat radiating from him like she is turning her leaves toward the sun.
    Actually, I was thinking you could tell me a secret.
    She draws his scent from the air between them, her muzzle hovering inches from his own skin as he draws back, her topaz eyes flicking to the curls of smoke drifting from his dark nostrils.
    Despite having company.
    Mismatched eyes flick sideways towards the trees and brush and Kensa breathes in the scent of smoke and stallion, and... of her child. Kensa rotates a gold trimmed ear, but Astarielle does not approach. Luckily it is this daughter that has discovered the meeting and not brazen Brunhilde. Star just seems to be hiding and watching, though she shouldn't be spying on adults, especially not potentially dangerous ones.

Of course he knows she is there as well. Kensa's attraction to the male is overshadowed by her instinct to protect her child. However it's clear he is not currently all too interested in their little eavesdropper.

Kensa snaps her flaxen tail against her hocks, devoting her attention to this very unexpected meeting and counting on Star to practice her espionage tactics without getting herself into trouble.
    "Oh, but that's no secret in Loess is it?" The sabino murmurs without effect. "But since you're curious, Amet has taken Litotes' place as Primarch, and of course Kensa, she's not going anywhere." Her tone takes on the savor of gossip.

The stallion, who has not taken his eyes from her just as hers have not wavered from him, coolly refers to her ill-fated visit to Loess days before. Kensa, grimly amused, sighs before replying. "I should not have trespassed, but I had been hoping to see a King." And he must have some idea of how that had ended.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Castile] @[Astarielle]

Messages In This Thread
    kensa; - by Castile - 02-17-2019, 03:03 PM
    RE: kensa; - by Kensa - 02-17-2019, 11:51 PM
    RE: kensa; - by Astarielle - 02-18-2019, 10:11 AM
    RE: kensa; - by Castile - 02-18-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: kensa; - by Kensa - 02-26-2019, 09:33 PM
    RE: kensa; - by Castile - 03-01-2019, 03:47 PM
    RE: kensa; - by Kensa - 04-24-2019, 10:05 PM