• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nimue from the sky I will come [ANY]

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    I sometimes wish I could fly.

I'll swim the ocean between Nerine and the Isle, and pretend I'm not floating in the sea but in the sky. With the seagulls around, that illusion only works temporarily, but the goal today is not pretend I'm floating above some endless ground.

Today, I'm walking between the clouds.

Sure, in summer, most of the mist is gone by midday. But even as a teenager, I retain some of my imagination, and so I happily trot between the forest's trees and bushes, looking bright as ever (I'm pretty clever, sure; but mostly I have some actual ice on me that never melts but reflects the sun). I'm not sure where I'm going today, it could be the meadow or maybe Tephra. There, I can't accidentally burn much, you see.

However, there is someone here. Someone who doesn't smell of Beqanna much, and so I stop to investigate. A deep breath follows, and like the big brother that I am now, I won't be afraid to go greet her. In fact, when I do see her, I grin happily. "Oh hi! You're pretty." I tell her, certain of this fact. Her grey coat and white wings remind me of home, of the rocks and ice and snow.

@[Nimue Isolde]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nimue from the sky I will come [ANY] - by Aodhan - 04-06-2019, 11:21 AM