• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you were a vision in the morning when the light came through

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    She quickly notices me; perhaps even before I greeted her, but the greeting is always the first thing I'll give anyone. Or, well, most of the time. I do like watching pretty things, but then, I also think it's incredibly rude of me not to let someone know I've found them, and in my youthfulness I want to be the good guy, always. I doubt that this will change in the future, but hey, you never know what the future holds.

Focus. The roan mare with the gold marking comes closer, and I turn my head to give in to my cough. It's not too bad, what with meeting the bear-mare not too long ago. But it never really goes away, I suspect. I wish I could do more about it - I know I'm not the only one with symptoms.

She's funny though. She doesn't start with a greeting, but with a comparison. I tilt my head slightly, looking at her with my grandmother's emerald-coloured orbs. I don't really know what to do with the comment, but she gives up her name and so that's what I latch on to. "I'm Aodhan," I say gleefully. On the topic of family, I add, "Papa says I'm named after my aunt. But I don't really know her because, uhm, she died long ago." Oops, bad subject. I shake my head. "I mean, uhm, what are your sisters like?" I look her over curiously, and though there is familiarity in her face, I can't quite pinpoint if she would be family or not. I guess she is though. If her sisters look like me.

She seems determined to find out; her question is prompted after another careful inspection, and it makes me a little uneasy. "I didn't steal it or anything." I retort defensively, but then I know how ridiculous that sounds and I chuckle. "I'm guessing from my Papa. My sisters have it too. Well not on the spots. In their mane. Or, no, Eurwen's changed." I frown deeply, then shake my head to look back at her. "She's more pink now."

@[Chryseis] Oops sorry about that! I hope it works out this way though.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you were a vision in the morning when the light came through - by Aodhan - 04-07-2019, 01:00 PM