• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Say Again {Adria}

The last time they’d met, Clayton had put his teeth into her mane and tugged her close. She remembered the sensation well enough and how much she’d enjoyed the easygoing stallion back then, and it seems her opinions about the big red male haven’t changed since. Hadn’t she just admitted as much out loud for him to hear?

As he drew close and the two of them pressed together, Adria held still enough that he wouldn’t have to struggle to reach her cheek. In fact, she thinks she might’ve actually leaned in, which usually was against her nature. But with him everything seemed… different. Easy. She felt like she didn’t have to think so much or constantly worry about herself, they could just be together and enjoy each other for a little while, so that’s exactly what she planned to do when the pair stepped off from the shore to explore Hyaline’s lake.

She just wanted to enjoy herself and Clayton made that easy, agreeing with the silence around them and asking her to lead the way towards the underwater crystals. The Nereid smiled softly and hummed a gentle tune, one that echoed inside their protective bubble while they navigated through the darkened waters. “Lady Kagerous and her wife are retiring then? Bonte, I never thought so... “ She mused softly, and then, “But you! Training to take their place, eh! How exciting Clayton.” The seamare grinned a flashy smile, one the brightened her features and seemed to make her radiant.

Gently, the white-splashed female pulled closer to him and bumped a golden shoulder against his own broad, mahogany one. Seyè Clayton She spoke aloud, using her native language to call him Lord Clayton. Then she giggled. “You will be too busy and too important for me, then.”

Her eyes lifted to meet his gaze and for a moment they stayed there, shy and hopeful that he wouldn’t agree. It seemed as if all the light from above had vanished, leaving them surrounded by a hushed darkness, and then from nowhere a faint, ethereal glow began to shine as their vision adjusted to the dimness. Adria turned to look ahead, her voice dropping to a whisper once again. “Those are the crystals. I think they shine like Ischia’s water does at night, not because they are magical.” She told him as they stepped ahead.

Soon enough they were beside the great formations, looking up at the large shards that grew well above the top of Adria’s bubble. She and Clayton were bathed in an eerie green light, even though the crystals themselves seemed white in color. The glow they gave off lit up the water around them and so the two horses could again see all manner of fish and plants. “Who is Dawn?” The mare asked quietly.

upon my journey i must go, to where the river flows

Adria

@[Clayton]

Messages In This Thread
    Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-10-2019, 09:30 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 03-12-2019, 03:08 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-14-2019, 07:59 AM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 03-17-2019, 07:41 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-23-2019, 08:51 AM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 03-29-2019, 08:49 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-31-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 04-07-2019, 11:54 PM