• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  standing cliffside scared to jump; Lethy
    It had been weeks since Lethy's first bout of coughs had slicked the cavern of her mouth and filling her with worry, as she so often is. She had learned about the plague shortly after, a sickness that crippled an entire land like it was an inconvenience in it's bigger plan.

She settled in as the vivid autum sun began to set for the day, leaving her in solitude as the heat of the day began to surrender giving the residence of Beqanna some relief and comfort to rest peacefully. Lethy closed her eyes, the sickness always seemed to hit her hardest at night when she could no longer consciously fight it off.

A light sleep soon took her, wafting her off to a land before Beqanna, before the oceans dragged her to the shores of her new home, before her adoptive mom grew sick and left her alone like her parents before her. This is where her dream settled, her parents faces smiling down on her. She was new born, she struggles to find her balance squealing in pleasure as she finally masters the wiggly legs beneath her. Darkness takes over, a full moon envelopes the sky. Her parents sleep near by as she contemplates exploring the deep woods a few yards off. There's a deep, throaty growl behind her. As she turns to run towards her parents, a beast looms above her nocking her down to the soft ground, where she first found herself just days ago. The beast turns to her parents...

Lethy pulls herself out of her dream as hard as she could, fever convulsing through her body and the deep pink scar pulsing across her muzzle. Her breathing was labored but quiet as Lethy always learned to be after that night it was just a dream she tells herself over and over again.

Lost in fever and the tiredness that still clung to her eyes Lethy did not notice the stallion that had approached her. She nodded as he greeted her, a small, timid smile perching her lips.Nice to meet you Raed, I'm Izora Lethia but you can just call me Lethy her voice was small and as much as she tried to hide it, filled with exhaustion from the sickness. Her dark purple eyes searched his wondering if he too had been infected when the mountain split. I know I haven't been here long, but you don't smell of Loess. What brings you to this part of Beqanna? she asks in equal parts curiosity and worry. Always filled with worry.  
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Raed]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    RE: standing cliffside scared to jump; Lethy - by Izora Lethia - 04-22-2019, 09:06 AM