• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  standing cliffside scared to jump; Lethy
    it's a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul;

She seems unsettled. He can see the way she is still struggling to even her breathing, and while it is so tempting to pry inside of her mind – she wouldn’t even notice, for he had long since mastered his ability – he refrains. It was not something he often did, and he never did it just for the sport of it. He found it invasive, but not only that, he had learned that most other’s thoughts were fairly boring. He was nearly certain she had just been having a nightmare, and though he was a little curious of what kind of monsters haunted her at night, he lets her keep her privacy.

She had not escaped the effects of the plague, similar to everyone else. He can hear it in the quiet rasp of her voice when she speaks, and can see the glassiness of fever in her eyes. She is lovely, nonetheless, and he notices how even in the night her coat is lustrous golden color, and her eyes such a dark purple they nearly matched night sky. “Your name is unique.” There is another faint, yet agreeable smile, before he says, “I like it. Pleasure to meet you, Lethy.”

Almost imperceptibly, he shifts closer, muted beams of moonlight spilling across the blue of his skin. “No, I’m not from Loess. I don’t permanently live anywhere, actually.” Raed had been born in a different Beqanna. A Beqanna where Loess, and none of these current kingdoms even existed. He doesn’t think he misses it, but there is a part of him that has not fully melded into this new era. The few that he had held close were long gone, and even he had several relatives that still lingered, it wasn’t quite the same. “I just get bored,  I suppose you could say.” His gaze settles more firmly on her face, noticing the apprehension that seems to have etched its way there. “You seem worried.”  Again, he is tempted to dip inside of her mind – it was so much easier, but this was some moral line he had set for himself, and he had to be pushed to cross it. “Why is that?”

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: standing cliffside scared to jump; Lethy - by Raed - 04-26-2019, 02:56 AM