• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul - cellar, gryffen

What good would it do Straia to kill the girl now? It wouldn’t anger another kingdom, wouldn’t unsettle Beqanna. No one would notice that the gray, scaled girl had gone missing. And Straia had no lust for useless deaths. She only did what would serve the Chamber, and random killing did little to help the kingdom. They were not a particularly bloodthirsty lot (though one did enjoy bunnies, and others certainly had blood on their hooves). Certainly, there’d be no mass killing pit here. She knew of the slave pens that had one existed, but those had burned to the ground in the lava. But slave pens didn’t mean death. They were simply a great way to send captive’s back home a little more destroyed than when they had arrived.

The girl doesn’t seem overly worried though. She’s either accepted her uncertain fate with a mere tilt of the head or knows that Straia is unlikely to have led her to her death. Recruits are more useful than bodies. But then the girl speaks again, and the bay and white queen pricks her ears forward in interest. Unsafe? Oh. She rather liked the sound of that. She was about to ask for more details, but like the ghost he is, Gryffen slips into the group.

He is mildly annoyed, but the girl catches his attention fast enough. As Straia thought might happen. She grins slightly at him. “I think she’s more like a poison dart frog,” she says, mostly to Gryffen, but with a quirk of her lips in the girls direction. They were not that unlike Tyrael in this. They enjoyed treasures such as this girl, and would find good use for her, certainly. So long as they could get her to stay. “Gryffen, Cellar. Cellar, Gryffen.”

She pauses for a moment, before adding, “Cellar is looking for a new master to serve. I offered, but the more I think on it, the more I think I would be rather terrible for the job.” She falls silent then, certain Gryffen knows exactly where she is going. Though she does give him something of a pointed look and adds, “Unless you only like broken things.”

Cellar wasn’t broken. No, Cellar was useful and magnificent, with her unsafe skin and her desire to serve. The girl was exactly what the Chamber needed. She turns her attention back to the girl. “I am curious what exactly you mean by unsafe.” It’s clear Straia isn’t worried, she’s excited.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - cellar, gryffen - by Gryffen - 08-10-2015, 04:20 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - cellar, gryffen - by Straia - 08-11-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - cellar, gryffen - by Gryffen - 08-11-2015, 02:34 PM