• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any]

-Adria-

Eva had always been independent. It wasn’t anything to fuss over and it didn’t keep Adria up at all hours when she woke to find the girl suddenly gone. She knew that she couldn’t expect to hold on to something forever, but she hoped that in the passing days something purposeful and lasting might have grown between them. She certainly cared for the other seahorse, but she wasn’t interested in keeping her tethered to her side.

So when her call is answered shortly, a wistfully adoring smile paints itself across Adria’s cherry blossom lips and stays there until her delicate daughter is prancing alongside her. “Hmm, we could try to tame a parrot.” Adria chirped, accentuating her vowels in short bursts. That particular pastime had been one of her favorites as a young filly. “Or I could teach you some more words in my language. Fè yon son komik, you say to me sometimes.” Her mentor laughed.

Swooping the arc of her neck down so that her mouth might brush over the sugar sands, Adria lipped a dry strand of seagrass and rose. Her head tilted aside and she worked it dutifully into the golden-yellow weaves of Eva’s mane, humming softly. “Or,” She seemed to tease, her bright eyes lowering as if she were hiding something, “You could help me come up with names.”

The vermillion mare smirked beautifully, pulling back to admire the loose braid she’d created. “I have news.” She said with a blink. “But first I would like to ask you - how would it make you feel, to have frè or ?” The nereid asked, using the labels for brother and sister that she’d already taught her ocean girl.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we take with us [Eva, Isobell, Any] - by Adria - 05-06-2019, 02:11 PM