• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  An affliction of the heart plays a number on the body; Litotes

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

What a curious thing, Litotes thinks, watching the mare continue her peaceful observation of the wind. His eyes narrow when Nimue hushes him, though truly he does not take much personal offense. There certainly is breeze blowing between them, sending quiet siren songs through the canyons of Pangea. The Archon listens to their stories every day. He finds it refreshing that another takes the time to notice.

The air lifts the woman’s mane, tangling it around her face and nape. A sharp smile rises on his lips. She is quite pretty, isn’t she? How odd that Pangea be the place she wanders into. He does not question much more than that, finding himself grateful that at least someone takes interest in his barren home. He ponders that for a moment. Litotes still does not understand why the world fears his kingdom.

When Nimue draws closer, he welcomes her in with his shadows. He only offers her one sumptuous glance before wrapping the darkness around her neck and squeezing ever so slightly. He turns to look at her and cocks his head consideringly.

“This is my kingdom. I listen to its stories everyday.” His voice is a whisper on the crooning wind. The shadows wrap around around Nimue, tickling her with the tiniest touches.

“What is your name?”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Nimue Isolde]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: An affliction of the heart plays a number on the body; Litotes - by litotes - 05-07-2019, 03:11 PM