• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark light [Castile]
    do you ever wonder...
    ...do you ever dream?

Sapphire gaze locks upon the familiar winged form of his sire. Poll lifts in recognition before crest arches to draw in whiskered muzzle to broad chest. A smile breaks out across his tense features as Castile nears. He steps forward into his sire's greeting and, breathes a sigh of relief. Although their bond is far from strong, the presence of the dragon shifter emanates strength and security. For the moment, Velk feels at ease. With his nerves settled, the two-toned steed can actually focus long enough to listen. What brings you to Loess? Have you seen your sister?

The first question refires his nerves and, the tension sets into his jowls. What would his father say about what he has done? He does his best to keep a level head and, instead, focuses on the other question. The second question is easy to answer honestly and, he decides to start there, trying not to sound too distracted by his thoughts. "As a matter of fact, no, I have not seen Valdis as of late." That would surely suffice and, probably, raise more red flags as to why he reeks of Sylva. He swallows the large lump in his throat and then, continues. "Dad, I need your advice. I am in over my head and, I cannot be sure what to do."

Okay, he got himself through admitting there is something wrong and, he answered the first question, albeit vaguely. He needs to go into more detail and, it is at this point that Velk bites his lip. Through a tense jaw, he goes on. "Let me start from the beginning. I stayed in the Cove, training alongside Kagerus and, at the ready to heal any Hyalinian in need, for what seemed like an eternity. There had been no word with regards to Solace or, Valdis, for months. I was going mental. I had to get out so, I travelled to the closest common land, the Meadow. It was quiet as everyone kept to themselves. All except this lovely lady named Mary. She was genuine and, it felt wonderful to connect with someone interested in me. I didn't want the feeling to end so, I went home with her. One thing led to the next and, we made love. I have never felt so strong about someone else. I just cannot get enough of the power I feel when I am with her. But, she got pregnant, with twins. I, just, I don't think I am ready to be a dad."

He had been holding his breath and thus, his words tumbled out exponentially. He exhales deeply and, slowly, regains control of his breathing. It takes all of his courage to maintain eye contact with his father and, silently, he studies his features to gauge his response in real-time. What had been done was done. But, what should he do now? Hopefully, just maybe, Castile could help.

Velk

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    the dark light [Castile] - by Velk - 05-03-2019, 08:05 AM
    RE: the dark light [Castile] - by Castile - 05-24-2019, 12:28 PM
    RE: the dark light [Castile] - by Velk - 06-03-2019, 10:01 AM
    RE: the dark light [Castile] - by Castile - 06-07-2019, 03:14 PM