• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  i can see the whole world down below
    <div style="margin:auto;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(0,0,0,0)100px,rgba(179,179,179,1)800px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/J0z6vJ1k/malone.jpg')top no-repeat;width:514px;padding:600px 0px 5px 0px;border:3px solid #000;border-radius:250px 250px 0px 0px;font:14px times new roman;color:#000;">
    <div style="margin:0px 0px 25px 0px;background:rgba(256,256,256,0.25);padding:2px 10px 2px 10px;font-style:italic;text-shadow:0px 0px 1px #000;color:#000;">my heart is violent because it learned how to bleed at a young age<BR>when it is hungry I feed it with shaking hands.</div>

<div style="padding:25px 5px;border:3px double #000;border-top:0px;border-bottom:0px;border-radius:35%/35px;margin-bottom:-10px;">He watches in wonder as Djinni mimics him and the others who follow after. Malone’s eyes are wide and a smile plays across his features while she twists and contorts into so many new shapes and colors. That is, until she copies Meraxes, causing him to turn his head just as the older boy begins to scold him. The golden starboy’s ears swivel back and lay flat as he lowers his head shamefully. Would his brother tell Starsin where he had snuck off to this time? He glances to the rose-gold genie and shuffles his hooves awkwardly as his sibling seems to brush off the boy’s mischief.

The strange woman speaks her thanks and before he can even think of how to reply or introduce himself, he’s somewhere else. Rude, but okay. The colt blinks as he tries to regain his bearings before realizing that he is simply back in Loess. Someone is rushing up behind him and he spins to face the assailant with his small wings spread wide.

“Malone! Where have you been all morning?!”

Starsin pulls him close and buries her face in his short mane, as she often does when she’s trying to calm herself. He smiles beneath her affections and nuzzles against her happily as she continues to scold him for sneaking off yet again. The ink and gold wings settle across his back and he feels a content sigh slip from his lungs as she finally releases him. Suddenly, Djinni’s words echo across his mind: <I>deceive</i>. Malone does his best to keep a cool expression across his face as he straightens to face his mother. Her eyebrow is arched knowingly but she says nothing despite hearing his thoughts.

“<I>I was out with Dad. It was just flying lessons, honest!</i>” he says with a grins and a wag of his short tail. His mother knows very well that Ophanim is still sore from his wounds during the war but she’s curious to see just what rabbit hole this lie will lead her son down. She places another delicate kiss against his cheek and nods, parting from him to find the boy’s father. Malone skims through her thoughts but she’s careful not to leave any clues within them. But now what to tell his father when he surely comes asking the same question?! Countless ideas flow through his mind and he swallows nervously as he tries to grasp even one.

Meraxes! Of course! His older brother will surely tell corroborate his story if Malone simply tells his father that they were off playing somewhere. And it makes sense, after all, for him to lie to Starsin about playing with any of his siblings besides Alita. Ophanim knows that she doesn’t much care for his other children aside from their lovechild. He gives himself a curt nod and puffs out his small chest with pride at his own cleverness.

Of course, he could just nap and avoid lying further all together. Best not to implicate himself by speaking any further. The boy scurries on his spindly legs to the shade of a nice tree, the perfect place to at least pretend to sleep for a while. Malone scans his surroundings with those blue eyes framed by black sclera before turning a circle like a housedog pleased with himself. Finally, he lowers himself to the ground and blankets his small body with his wings. He tries to keep one eye just barely open, peeping out for any sign of his parents as the summer sun dapples his body with its warm light. A breeze brushes his fluff of forelock from his face and kisses him goodnight.

His eye drifts shut and his ribs fall into a steady rhythm of even breaths as he falls asleep. Even the most clever tricksters need their rest, it seems.</div><center><I>m a l o n e</i></center></div>

Messages In This Thread
    i can see the whole world down below - by Djinni - 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: OPEN QUEST: i can see the whole world down below - by Malone - 06-07-2019, 01:58 AM