• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis

I need you like a heart needs a beat
    but it's nothing new.

Anytime her skin brushed against his, it sent sparks firing to the end of each of her nerves. No matter how close she was, it never felt like enough. Just the very act of their eyes meeting — his, glowing and golden, so vibrant against the pitch black of his skin — was enough to send her heart racing and tripping. Even after all these years, he still knew how to send the heat rising to her cheeks with just a smile, or by hardly brushing his lips across her skin.

She doesn’t know what she ever did in this life to deserve him, but she would gladly endure every hardship, every terrible moment, and every day of loneliness over and over again so long as it meant she would end up here.

She can feel the hunger that she alights in him, and she does not try to hide the knowing smile that curls at the edge of her lips. But all she does is twist herself closer, lipping playfully beneath his jaw, though otherwise ignoring the way every inch of his body is already calling to hers – for now. “Someone like you?” She echoes his statement with a laugh of disbelief, her teeth grasping the strands of his shadowy mane before saying, “If by that you mean handsome and sweet, then yes, I’m incredibly fortunate to be with someone like you.”

She pauses, then, some of the glowing amusement in her eyes dimming just slightly, but only because they darken again with sincerity. Her lips reach to gently brush aside his forelock, and then press to his forehead, before trailing along the side of his face as she murmurs, “Any girl would have been lucky to call you theirs, but I’m forever grateful that it’s me.”
    Briseis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis - by Briseis - 07-03-2019, 01:15 AM