• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If this was a movie; Lepis
    The pegasus smiles at the amethyst eyed mare, recognizing the softening of her posture and the eager grasp of Lepis’ offered topic. Izora Lethia does not seem as determined as the golden Aten to dislike the new Comtesse of Taiga, and Lepis feels inexplicably grateful. It would be nice to have a friend here in the woods, the dun mare thinks. Her husband and children are good company, but there are times when she would prefer to be alone, or perhaps in the company of someone as uncomplicated as Lethy.

The other mare is playful and teasing in her speech, and Lepis feels no need to color her emotions with false enjoyment.

“The havoc is a little more controlled now that they’re older,” she agrees with a smile. “My oldest, Pteron, mentioned meeting you the other day,” she adds, more as an introduction of her son than any intention to shift the conversation toward him. “Marni and Eyas are here in Taiga as well. Only Tiercel did not come with us.” She does not know where he is, but Lepis doesn’t say that. She still tells herself that he will come around eventually, that he will see the reasoning behind their actions.

Ad she known the other’s thoughts – that she is better suited for the rolling Loesian hills – Lepis would have nodded in agreement. These woods are beautiful in a way she has never before seen, but they are not home The redwoods due not call to her the way the ridges and valleys of her birthplace do. Still, it is the home she has chosen for the time being, and it is the place that she will stay for a little while yet.

“We’ll get to experience it together then,” she says of Springtime to Izora Lethia. “I’m glad Aten found you. I didn’t think I’d see you again, at least not here.” In Hyaline perhaps, Lepis had thought, but she knows well the draw of places and the horses that dwell in the. Rescuer and damsel-in-distress, Lepis thinks with a smile, another aspect to the relationship that she is beginning to suspect exists between her friend and the somber Champion.

“I miss the sky,” The dun mare says abruptly, glancing overhead to where the redwood canopy encloses them. “These trees are beautiful, I do not think I am at heart a creature meant for such close quarters. I’ve always fallen asleep with the stars above me, and they are so hard to find here in the woods.” Between the arching branches and the fog, the winged mare has seen few of the clear nights that she so loves. “It is beautiful,” she adds quickly lest Lethy think she cannot see the good for the bad. “A different sort of beautiful, I suppose.”

@[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    If this was a movie; Lepis - by Izora Lethia - 07-08-2019, 12:24 AM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Lepis - 07-17-2019, 06:28 AM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Izora Lethia - 07-19-2019, 03:59 PM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Lepis - 07-20-2019, 07:32 PM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Izora Lethia - 07-23-2019, 06:36 PM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Lepis - 07-27-2019, 08:02 AM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Izora Lethia - 07-27-2019, 04:26 PM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Lepis - 07-29-2019, 06:38 PM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Izora Lethia - 07-30-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: If this was a movie; Lepis - by Lepis - 08-07-2019, 06:44 AM