• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not Afraid To Bite || Any ||
    With wings flaring, the pale pegasus skims the glittering surface of the water. The River is smooth flowing here where it separates the Forest from the Meadow, and he feels the chill of water against his front fetlocks only when he must raise his wings for another beat in flight.

Pteron has not touched land since leaving the far southern point of the Brilliant Pampas. First soaring across the wide gulf, he'd then kept to the River. He will later follow it all the way to the Lake in Hyaline, but first he rests. He knows that somewhere in this part of the Forest, not far from the river, is a cherry tree. The young stallion had found it on an earlier jaunt into the woods, and he is certain that - although he had only found it the once - that he could easily find it again.

The dun horse eventually admits to himself that he had been mistaken, for he has been wandering the woods for some time now, unable to find his quarry. Having been quite attentive to his surrounding during his search, he knows that somewhere to his left is something large enough to be a horse, though the wind and the trees blocking his line of sight have been enough to disguise the truth of the stranger's form. It is only when Pteron decides that he might as well ask for directions that he realizes that the horse is most definitely not a horse.

Hellhound. The word comes to him suddenly, an early memory of a meeting in the Red Woods with a grey-green mare and a massive black beast. He still does not have the wind in his favor and so he cannot tell much about this creature other than that it is most likely related to the traitorous former leaders of Sylva. Still, Pteron is rather determined, and so he holds his head confidently when he asks:

"You wouldn't happen to know where I might find a cherry tree? I was sure there was one around here, but I think I might have gotten turned around." It's always a bit more difficult for him to navigate on land, but he doesn't feel the need to admit that. The winged horse far prefers flight, and after two years now of flying daily patrols it feels most natural to mark his way by the tree tops - not their trunks.

"I'm Pteron, by the way."

@[Sabrina]

Messages In This Thread
    Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Sabrina - 07-22-2019, 09:04 PM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Pteron - 07-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Sabrina - 07-23-2019, 10:37 PM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Pteron - 07-27-2019, 07:33 AM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Sabrina - 07-30-2019, 08:53 AM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Pteron - 07-30-2019, 09:57 PM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Sabrina - 07-31-2019, 01:21 PM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Pteron - 08-02-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: Not Afraid To Bite || Any || - by Sabrina - 08-04-2019, 05:25 PM