• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any

Aodhán
    ice and fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    One thing was absolutely certain to the spotted hybrid: he needed to fill the Pampas. Regardless of anyone officially leading it or not, he was lonely there, and hated to see the flowers bloom for no-one to appreciate. The climate couldn’t be a problem - it wasn’t too hot, it wasn’t too cold, in fact it was quite perfect, the grasses lush and bright green.

So he set out, a single purpose in mind, and perhaps if the leader did come back then they could talk about her apparent lack of interest. He’d only seen her once, very briefly, but she’d fallen silent then too and perhaps she just wasn’t the type to be outgoing, meet people, and bring them in to fill the home.

But Aodhán is that type of person, and even though he is loyal, well he can’t be loyal to someone who is-or-isn’t around. That’s why now, he is in the forest - skirting around Loess, on his way to the Meadow and the Field.

Her pale form is almost as bright a contrast between the trees as he is himself; a golden buckskin face but with a distinct roaning making her body slightly paler than a palomino’s would have been. But most of all he is curious about the mare were her eyes. He’d only seen such colour changes in one other individual, and he happened to be a family member. In fact… lacking the fact that she was buckskin, not bay, it was quite obvious the two were related.

He diverts his path quickly, offering a low nicker to attract her attention, although if her vision was anything as sharp as his father’s, she would have long seen him coming, if she’d looked in his direction. Aodhán doesn’t mind. He’s glad to find anyone at all, and if she is indeed family, then all the better. ”Hello! I’m Aodhán”, he offers her gladly, enthusiastically. The name sounding as any his siblings’, slightly strange, more like ‘ey-yhán’ - but hers, he hasn’t heard yet.

He stops near her, curious emerald eyes taking her in up close. He just can’t help examining the lines of her head and neck, looking for familiar forms. But well, when your parents leave when you’re 1,5 years old, and you only know your father’s niece and your grandmother - in his case that was meeting maybe 5% of the family. Not at all enough for one who valued family high. ”Who are you?” He wants to ask more - who are her parents, maybe he knows them, by name or by face, and if so why didn’t she live in Nerine with everyone else, or was she more like himself, curious about the world and wandering, wandering, before ever finding a home?

@[Cthalpa]
    A little oveer-enthusiastic cousing for ya

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Found my Dulcinea but I don't remember when; any - by Aodhan - 07-27-2019, 05:58 AM