• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pray for the thunder, briella
    V u l g a r i S
    He was surprised when Sabbath came home and delivered a daughter in Tephra. He had expected her to keep her distance until he sought her out, but his shock was quickly replaced with joy. Not only did he and his wife have their second eldest child home but now they had a granddaughter to fuss and fawn over. The memory warms his heart and strengthens his resolve to find Adna next and perhaps also her twin children. Vulgaris had seen them shortly after they were born but war and strife had torn them all apart again.

As he begins his search this summer morning, he is thankful to have a fresh body that doesn’t protest every step and ache after long walks. Perhaps the mountain did not answer his request but it gave him something small to make his journey a little easier. His knees lift easy to step over fallen branches and little shrubs as he searches the forest for any sign of his precious daughter. His dark forelock doesn’t hang in his face the way it did before, which feels strange when he goes to toss his head. He almost laughs at how much his body has changed in the last year. He really is entirely new, he thinks.

His new coat has only just begun to gray and reveal the dapples hidden in the black of his body. The sunlight bleeds between the tree canopy to add little splashes of gold across him as he moves along. Occasionally, he calls out Adna’s name in the hopes that she is nearby. Vulgaris wonders if she would even answer to the sound of his voice, though.

As the sun reaches its highest point and he becomes certain the humidity can grow no more unbearable, he decides to pause for a break. He comes to a stop before a bubbling creek and lowers his head to drink from the cool waters for a while, when a snapping twig catches his attention. He lifts his head and his ears swivel forward to listen for any further movement. Vulgaris prays it is his daughter, but in his heart of hearts he knows it will not be this simple.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Briella]

Messages In This Thread
    pray for the thunder, briella - by vulgaris - 08-06-2019, 02:00 PM
    RE: pray for the thunder, briella - by Briella - 08-07-2019, 12:49 AM
    RE: pray for the thunder, briella - by vulgaris - 09-02-2019, 11:41 AM
    RE: pray for the thunder, briella - by Briella - 10-21-2019, 09:27 PM