• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any
    "Oh dear..." 

The sail of her mane flares in surprise to see him sand coated and soaked a few feet away from her. Yes, it was definitely a good thing there'd left the water. The feathered fellow seemed to have only narrowly survived their exit. 

At his assurance that one day he'll impress her, she smiles abashedly. "I'm sure that's true. Honestly, I'm already impressed. You haven't gone running for the hills, even though I've doused you twice already." She chuckled, sauntering closer until she could touch her nose to his sodden wing. He dripped into the already damp sand in a steady rhythm. Her violet eyes shut as she felt each drop. Drip drip drop. Flecks of moisture that grew into a trickle as it flowed off of him. Water wanted to be with water, and so it took very little encouragement to convince the liquid soaking Pteron to return to its home in the sea. 

In brief moments, he is dry. Her smile is angelic as her softly curved face lifts to meet his gaze. They are as different as can be, and yet a bubbling feeling still grows in her chest at his words. It was pure flattery, something her mother had warned her against since she'd begun to be more mare than foal. Her father had cautioned that folk would say anything, if they thought it would get them what they wanted. She was beautiful, yes, but she had to be smart too. 

Problem was, it felt really nice to be complimented. 

"You're not so bad yourself," she returned lightly. With a thud in her heart, the gold tinged mare realized that now that she had finished drying him, she was standing much too close. She was curious though. Now that they were no longer in her element, how would the dynamic change? She cleared her throat softly, swallowing her nerves. "Do you live here? You look an awful lot like a girl I met yesterday, Vita. Is she a relation of yours?" It was a safer subject, maybe, somethingshe could ask without worry of tripping over her own words. 

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any - by Aquaria - 08-12-2019, 09:06 AM