• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sabrina;
    Mother’s disapproval heavily overshadows even the brightest threads of optimism from father. He could be so proud of Erio, but mother’s negativity has already reached far down into the depths of his mind to poison and darken even the happiest of thoughts. Over the months, the boy has grasped onto what he isn’t versus what he is.

(I’m not tall)
    (I’m not strong)
    (I’m not powerful)

Even as his siblings shower him with reassurances and compliments, Erior finds himself accepting them with a grain of salt. He wants so bad to be happy which is why he smiles every opportunity he can in hopes that it will overcome the shadows.

”Adaptation,” he comments thoughtfully, ”that’s so cool. Everything around here is so temperate. I’ve yet to explore a place that was super hot or super cold.” One day, he promises himself, he will take advantage of Beqanna’s expanse. If he cannot be a soldier, then he will be a well-informed gentleman. Straightening himself beneath her roaming eyes, he tries to continue with a steady voice as to not fall peril to his weaknesses more than he already has. ”With my luck, I would get swooped away by the tide or something would grab me and pull me under,” he plays it off as a joke, chuckling lightly afterward even as his thoughts latch onto the nightmares and bring them to life every time he blinks and closes his eyes.

He wants to visit her and to experience the bitter cold, especially when she mentions the increasing population of canines, but his fears trickle further into his body and mind. ”I will be sure to come by. Perhaps, when I’m a little stronger or have a means of transportation.” Again, he tries to make his downfalls into a joke, protecting himself. ”Can you imagine a flying hellhound?” Laughter bubbles and sets the conversation alight, his eyes brightening. ”I’m sure there are cooler things than wings though.”

erio

@[Sabrina]

Messages In This Thread
    Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-24-2019, 09:37 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 07-24-2019, 10:53 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-24-2019, 01:49 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 07-26-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 07-31-2019, 08:10 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 08-01-2019, 01:28 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 08-14-2019, 07:29 PM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Sabrina - 08-18-2019, 09:22 AM
    RE: Sabrina; - by Erio - 09-09-2019, 02:40 PM