• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

daydream believer - starsin

daydream believer.

Beulah’s first reaction is to let out a little sigh of relief. It was not a monster that stepped from the trees.  But her next reaction was sheer panic because it was also not mother who stepped from the trees.  It was a stranger that the little pink girl had never seen before.  It was one of mother’s rules not to talk to strangers, but Lala always had the hardest time with that particular rule. Plus, this mare seemed nice enough.  ”H-hi” the little pink girl stammers, still frozen to the spot by her wildly conflicting emotions. She’s taller that mother, but has the prettiest glowing spots that remind her of mother’s ability. The sight causes her to swallow thickly, fighting back the sob that sticks in her throat.

Are you lost? Beulah turned her wide eyed gaze up at the mare - eyes shining with unshed tears.  The little pink girl manages the most pitiful of nods in affirmation.  Her baby-eyes widen at the mention of her mother, followed by the quivering of her lower lip.

“I...I um....I don’t know,” she manages, hanging her little pink head in shame.  She pulls her fuzzy wings to her sides as her shoulders slump under the weight of her embarrassment.  Some would expect this would be the moment where a child would burst into tears.  But not Lala.

The words come out in a garbled rush, and the girl’s brow furrows as she struggles through her story. “I don’t know what happened! Mother told me about this really cool place where I could play and told me how to get there. Only I was so excited, I didn’t really remember all the directions and I think I got the order all mixed up. So I walked for like, ever until I was too tired and had to take a nap. And when I woke up it was dark and the stars were out and I was super scared so I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep and then I walked more and more and eventually I got here and found you and...,”  finally, she takes a breath, drawing her gaze up from the ground between her feet up to the mare once again. 

“C-can you help me?” she asks, pleadingly, her voice wavering under the onslaught of emotions.

b e u l a h.

lmao i'm so sorry starsin
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    daydream believer - starsin - by Beulah - 08-06-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: daydream believer - starsin - by Starsin - 08-12-2019, 02:08 AM
    RE: daydream believer - starsin - by Beulah - 08-17-2019, 07:09 PM
    RE: daydream believer - starsin - by Starsin - 09-02-2019, 07:00 PM
    RE: daydream believer - starsin - by Beulah - 09-05-2019, 08:35 PM