• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Risk it all; any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It is in the range of expectation now, for her to do something unexpected each time. But for as far as he can see, or think, she does nothing - he doesn’t know she’s telepathic, but he does know she’s invisible. His orange-flecked eyes follow her heat form, curious, intrigued and somewhat disgusted due to the tongue-thing from just before.

It’s ironic how he doesn’t notice her dropping her shield. Courtesy of the vision switch, it’s either one or the other. She comes closer, asking questions he doesn’t know the answer to. Perhaps she is right, more than they both know. Perhaps he is frozen on the inside, frozen in time or even just in demeanor or perhaps it’s worse than that. There’s been so many changes lately that he can’t quite say if he’s the same as he was, or if he ever was the same or just played a part here, took on a new role there. Love was a dangerous game to play - be it family, friends, or romantic love.

Or perhaps his reactive personality makes every thought about being who he is, who he wants to be, a pointless question. But she still demands an answer - why?

He’s a master in deflecting personal questions or emotions - that’s not a good thing, but it helps him now. He shakes his head at her question, denying the feeling of her hot breath on his iced, thick skin, not wanting to remember how that felt coming from another mare. ”It’s the inevitable consequence of exchanging a frigid place for a warmer one.” he tells her - defrosting, is perhaps not so much a choice as it is a must. Figuratively as well as literally, he supposes.

Orange-coloured eyes briefly flicker to blue, and as such he finally notices she’s no longer invisible. Her soft buttercup-and-strawberry colouring is a sweet contrast to everything she did and showed before.

He smiles, because the irony of her contrasted being is never lost on a joker.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jackel]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-08-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-15-2019, 07:04 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-20-2019, 06:40 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-20-2019, 07:18 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-20-2019, 04:23 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-22-2019, 02:36 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-27-2019, 06:15 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-29-2019, 03:42 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-30-2019, 03:05 PM